The coronavirus pandemic may has put everyone’s vacation plans on hold, keeping many of us from much needed getaways that will help us recharge. Being at home doesn’t mean you can’t do that, so why not a staycation? A vacation, but at home.
Here are some tips for planning your staycation:
1. Unplug yourself from the internet – We are over stimulated. Rest your eyes and your brain. Relax and enjoy your time. The whole purpose of a staycation is to relax and recharge.
2. Become a tourist in your own city. – go for a fun car ride and see some sites or go for a day trip to an empty each or go hiking get some fresh hair, this is important especially when you are working from home.
3. Enjoy being outdoors from your backyard – How about doing some back yard camping under the stars. If you have a firepit have a nice bonfire and make some smores.
4. Food – Why not cook food from your original destination or a place you always wanted to go? Italy? why not make pizza from scratch with the kids while playing some Italian music in the background.
5. Las Vegas Theme – Plan a poker night with the family, have a spa day or watch a movie that takes place in Vegas like Ocean’s 11.
6. Movie Night – have a few movie nights at home, get some popcorn order pizza and just relax and veg out.
7. Decorate your house – Want to be at the beach? get some beach decorations like some shells and other beach themed decorations and light some candles that smell like a tropical vacation.
8. Turn your room into a hotel room – get those very comfy sheets, and get nice pillows so you can just let yourself sink in your comfy bed and sleep or maybe catch up on some reading.
9. Gather all your supplies – make sure you have all the supplies you will need for your staycation so you don’t have to go out to get them that way you can just relax and enjoy.
10. Plan for some outside time – don’t be cooped up all day inside, it’s important to get some air and exercise for your mental health. Go for a leisurely walk around the neighborhood, day hi to your neighbors so you can have some human interaction. Be safe and wear your mask when outdoors and stay 6 feet apart from others if you will be chatting with others.